Welcome to singershealth.com, a comprehensive source of health information for singers and other professional voice users. Here you will find timely references regarding all aspects of vocal wellness, as well as onsite and online wellness, therapy and instruction services for singers, corporate speakers, actors, lawyers, teachers and other professional voice users.
LEARNING DISABILITIES REFERENCES
1. National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities (1991). Learning disabilities: Issues on definition (A position paper) ASHA, 33 (suppl. 5), 19.
2. Miniutti, A. (1991). Language deficiencies in inner-city children with learning and behavioral problems. Language, Speech and Hearing Services in Schools, 22: 31-38.
3. Catts, H.W. (1996). Defining dyslexia as a developmental language disorder: An expanded view. Topics in Language Disorders, 16 (2): 14-29.
4. Bass, P.M. (1988, November). Attention deficit disorder: Management in preschool, adolescent, and adult populations. Paper presented at Annual Convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Boston.
5. Quinn, Patricia O., M.D. (1994). ADD and the College Student: A Guide for High school and College Students with Attention Deficit Disorder. New York: Magination Press: 7-18.
6. Brown, Thomas E. (1995). Differential diagnosis of ADD versus ADHD in adults, in A Comprehensive Guide to Attention Deficit Disorders in Adults, ed. Kathleen G. Nadeau, New York: Brunner/Mazel, Inc.:99.
7. Hallowell, Edward M., M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D. (1995). Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with ADD from Childhood through Adulthood. New York: Touchstone: 284.
8. Wicklund, K. and Staufer, B. Learning disabilities in singers. Journal of Singing. March/April 2003.
More on singershealth.com
Voice Lessons & Therapy
Foreign Accent Reduction / ESL
Belt Workshop (2006)
Chicago Center for Professional Voice
Children's Vocal Wellness
Learning Disabilities References
NATS & New Zealand Workshops
NATS Convention Poster Papers
Singer's Herbal Regimen
Singer's Daily Wellness Regimen
Singer's Wellness Model
Wicklund Audio Clips
Wicklund Voice Studio News
AUDIO OF CHICAGO STUDENTS
Wicklund Wellness Offerings